CUNY - College of Staten Island - English Language Institute



CUNY - College of Staten Island: The English Language Institute (ELI) of the Center for Global Engagement has offered innovative academic programs for students learning English as a Second Language since the late 1970’s. Our course of study is designed to challenge and engage students. Students are immersed in the language, culture, and ethnicity of New York City. Classes range from beginner to the advanced level.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

To Feel It in One's Bones

The idiom: "to feel something in your bones" means that you are instinctively sure something is true, although it cannot be proven


For example: I knew I'd get the job; I could just feel it in my bones. So, I was not at all surprised when I got the call saying that I can start on Monday.







Image courtesy of QT Pie Kennels

No comments:

Post a Comment